From:
"Hunt.Timothy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:15:42 -0700
"If anyone has any suggestions for literature on these topics, I'd love to hear them. "

Hi Erin,

I'd recommend Elizabeth Shepherd and Geoffrey Yeo's book "Managing Records: A Handbook of Principles and Practice."  It covers a lot of the basics (what is a record, what is a document, overview of various systems, etc).

History-wise, I'd recommend Luciana Duranti's article "The Odyssey of Records Managers." It can be found in Tom Nesmith's "Canadian Archival Studies and the Rediscovery of Provenance." (Luciana was one of my professors, so I have to admit to a bit of bias.)

Hope that helps,

Timothy Hunt
British Columbia and Yukon Region | Région de la Colombie-Britannique et du Yukon
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada