From:
Matthew Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:26:24 -0700
Erin,

I'm currently researching a paper on records management, which overlaps with
several areas you mentioned.  Below are citations to some resources I found
usefull:

Choksy, Carol E.B.  “Where RM Should Report to Ensure Effective Electronic
Records

Management: As the volume of electronically stored information continues to
grow exponentially, it is crucial for records management to report wherever
it will gain the most influence and leverage across the organization.”
 *Information
Management Journal* 42.2 (2008), 58-61.

Choksy, Carol E.B.  “Where Records Management Should Report: A Study and
Comparison of Industry and Government.”  *NHPRC-funded ARMA Report*, 1-5.
www.arma.org/pdf/journal/rmreporting.pdf  23 Jun. 2009

Daum, Patricia.  “Evolving the Records Management Culture: From *Ad Hoc* to
Adherence: Implementing an enterprise-wide records management program
requires executive-level support, communication, training, incentives, and
an action plan that will motivate employees to give up their *ad
hoc*methods and adhere to program policies and procedures.”
*Information Management Journal* 41.3 (2007), 43-49.

Medina, Richard and Joe Fenner.  “Controlling Your Documents: Consider the
merits of starting out with straightforward document management as a way to
socialize good document practices, providing a realizable path to electronic
records management.”  *Information Management Journal* 39.1 (2005), 20-22.

Oftedahl, Matt.  “Records Center Programs Case Study: Institutional
Dementia: Restoring Institutional Memory at the Port of Vancouver USA or *How
the Port Got Its Groove Back*.”
http://www.arma.org/rim/fundamentals/index.cfm?View=Other
.
Young, Jeanne.  “Electronic Records Management on a Shoestring: Three Case
Studies: Developing and implementing a full-fledged, certified ERM system
requires time, resources, and a big budget.  But the records manager who
takes low-cost, high-value steps can reach a successful outcome.”  *Information
Management Journal* 39.1 (2005), 58-60.

ARMA offers full-text electronic database access to articles in *Information
Management Journal* to its members.  If you are not a member, I was able to
gain access to full-text IMJ articles through my local library.

Good luck!

Matthew Hebert C.A.
Phoenix