From:
"Batts, Lin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:10:46 -0500
Our records retention policy requires that we give our clients three notices regarding our records retention policy:  first is at initial engagement; the second is when the matter is closed, asking the client if they want the files, if not, we store the files until the retention period expires; the third is a final notice upon expiration of the retention period.  They have 30 days to respond. In the two prior letters they are requested to notify us of any address change and if at the time of the final disposition, we get no response, we destroy the files.  Our policy also requires that if a practice group does not respond to our eligibility reports of closed matters, within 15 days, Records Management is authorized to send letter to the client; if the practice group does not respond within 15 days to our final disposition eligibility report, Records Management is authorized to send final disposition letter to the client and destroy files without further ado if no response is received from the client within 30 days.

OPPENHEIMER WOLFF & DONNELLY LLP

Lin Batts
RECORDS MANAGER

Plaza VII, Suite 3300