From:
Ken Fontana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:48:41 -0500
We knew this was coming as much of it was previously allocated.  First
major step today with the grants.  Thought I'd share to the group.
Happy Friday.

$1.2 billion granted for electronic health records
U.S. pledges money to develop system of health information networks
Reuters
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government on Thursday announced grants of almost
$1.2 billion to help hospitals and health care providers implement and
use electronic health records.

The Obama administration has made the overhaul of the $2.5 trillion U.S.
health care system the centerpiece of its domestic agenda, including the
use of technology to improve efficiency and cut costs.

The grants include $598 million to set up some 70 health information
technology centers to help health care institutions acquire electronic
health record systems and $564 million to develop a nationwide system of
health information networks, Vice President Joe Biden's office said in a
statement.

"Expanding the use of electronic health records is fundamental to
reforming our health care system," said Health and Human Services
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, unveiling the grants with Biden in Chicago.

"Electronic health records can help reduce medical errors, make health
care more efficient and improve the quality of medical care for all
Americans."

The grants will be funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
of 2009 and be made available in 2010, the statement said.

Copyright 2009 Reuters. Click for restrictions.

Kenneth S. Fontana
Vice President
Insurance Risk Managers of MO, Inc.
800-221-7686 toll free
314-997-7250 fax
307-214-0006 cell

I am Always Interested in Adding New Clients and Expanding our Mutual
Network.   A Referral is the Highest Form of Compliment in Business.
                                Illinois Movers & Warehouseman's
Association

*** DISCLAIMER *** The preceding correspondence and any attachments may contain confidential information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please reply to the sender that you received the message in error; then delete or destroy the message along with any attachments. Please note, coverage cannot be bound, altered or cancelled via the email system or by fax. Thank you.