From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:12:26 -0400
And to throw a more general problem into the mix (nice to know you are still
alive out there) I ran across a problem a while back where the security
office where I was corporate records manager ha moved from tape to DVR and
once the DVR reached capacity it would record over starting at the beginning
in a loop fashion.  We had to change the schedule I believe so that
incidents requiring further action would have to be off-loaded from the main
DVR.  Further, the capacity of the DVR would/could change based on the
number of cameras inputting to it, so unlike a tape from a single camera,
you could not say it would last for x days and then shelve the tape.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM