From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:28:01 -0400
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Brittany Bennett Parris <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The background leading up to my question is this... Our main
> "headquarters" has chosen a disaster recovery vendor and we are drafting
> a document to notify all of the agencies under our wing that we've
> chosen this vendor and that this is the vendor that everybody will need
> to use from here on out..

Do you have a business continuity plan/disaster plan in place? If not you
should. at your 'children' agencies there should be folks who are tasked as
part of the duties with disaster recovery. These are the people who should
be notified of the HQ decision. Only those individuals who are part of the
disaster recovery team should be allowed to contact the vendor. At the same
time the vendor needs to be provided with those names.

for additional information visit the ARMA bookstore www.arma.org and look
for books and other materials on disaster planning and recovery.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va