From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:51:14 -0700
He, he, he...; good idea Hugh.  Thanks for the compliments to the ICRM.
 As a >25 year member of ARMA; >15 year member of the ICRM; with a
previous 8-year tenure as an ICRM Board member the idea of oversight
over ARMA is intriguing.  I have many high-caliber attention-getting
devices should an ARMA Board member object; but my force of persuasion,
natural charisma, sales skills, and incredible good looks would, I am
sure, suffice to keep them in line.  A military analogy...; to get them
in step and do so smartly.    I was tempted to refer to furbitten
varmints, the unwashed masses, letting them eat cake, etc..., but
decided to keep it professional  :>)

Your points about we as a Records/Information profession allowing the
described to happen with commercial records centers is accurate.  We are
the client and pay the bills.  If we are paying bills that we did not
negotiate and are individually unauthorized, shame on us.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 8/31/2009 11:00 AM >>>

<snip>

Maybe the ICRM should have oversight power on ARMA to avoid the
problem of floating officers. This is a stable group and has the best

interests of the records management community in mind.  With Web
Meetings, conference calls and such, being an officer does not need to

require travel and maybe terms could be longer.

<snip>