From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:32:54 -0400
Nolene,

You are certainly representing the RM profession well in your new
organization!

I cannot help with your first question, but regarding your last
paragraph, I am asking the same question. (In fact, I asked it on this
list several months back). We are re-doing our network folder setup to
match our paper file plan for our project files.

The difference in attributes re: arrangement between paper files and
electronic folder setups that I have noticed is that paper files/file
plans are linear. That is, they have a starting point in go pretty much
straight back through the file drawer (or from one side to the other in
lateral files, but you get the picture.) So our paper file plan follows
the phase progression of our projects. Electronic folder setups, by
contrast, have breadth (across the screen) and depth (different levels
of folders/screens). Does this open an opportunity to setup your
electronic folders differently than our paper ones? Or should we make
our electronic folder setup match exactly our paper file plan? Can we
abandon the project phase progression setup for our electronic folders
and just have a folder per document type? We have set up a group to
hammer out these issues, which will start meeting next week.

If anyone wishes to comment generally on this, I would be glad to hear
your views.

Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA