From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:45:48 -0400
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM, John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I believe it is a mindset that we need to get into.  We also need to
> manage our time better.

all excellent points. another thing that we need to do is realize that you
roll out such programs unit by unit rather than to the whole organization at
one swell foop.  Go into one unit preferably a unit that is eager to change
the way they are doing things, work with them, analyse how they use email in
their daily business, see what types of email they get during the day.
Gather data like LarryM has done (this will prove useful later on).  These
early adopters are guinea pigs and should also  be champions for change

 a long time ago in a city faraway and with another company as part of a TQM
implementation  I learned this acronym PDCA.

P = Plan what you want to do
D = Do ie put in effect you want to do
C = Check ie review what you did, what went right, what didn't then modify
your strategy
A = Act upon what you learned this is where you modify you strategy based
upon what went according to plan and what didn't. take it to the next unit
and keep repeating PDCA

PDCA is like a ships captain who is sailing from Point A to Point B. minor
course corrections along the way means they will end up at the destination.
If you don't do the course corrections you won't end up at your planned
destination.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va