From:
Sean Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:34:54 -0400
Have you ever seen a space satellite up close, or wondered how to fool enemy radar?  Come learn and discover with the SLA Maryland Chapter on October 22 at the National Electronics Museum:  We'll tour exhibits that focus on the entire electronics industry, ranging from telegraph and radio to radar and satellites, a lunar TV camera and a working amateur ham radio station. Oh, and there's a research library, too! A networking buffet of fruits, cheeses, hot hors d'oeuvres will be provided, along with cash bar refreshments to enhance the ambience.

What an energizing setting to highlight the evening's speaker, Gloria Zamora, President of the Special Libraries Association!  Gloria will discuss outcomes of the SLA Alignment Project and describe strategies, tools, and clear compelling language that we all can use to give ourselves a competitive advantage at work and spark a stronger recognition for our profession.  Her message speaks to all librarians, records managers, and information professionals across sectors of business, government, law, medicine, academia, or wherever we strategically use information to advance the missions of our organizations. Prepare to be recharged!

The SLA Maryland Chapter warmly thanks our sponsors at IEEE and Dow Jones for helping make this event possible!

When: Thursday, Oct. 22 (5:30 PM. - 8:00 PM.)

Where: The National Electronics Museum (http://www.hem-usa.org/), 1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum, MD. The Museum has free parking and is very near both the BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and the BWI Rail Station: See directions at http://tinyurl.com/NEMdirections

Tickets:

*	$35.00 SLA members  (rate is extended to members of  ALA, MLA, AALL, ASIST,  AIIP, ARMA and Maryland Library Assoc.)

*	$20.00 LIS students and retired SLA members

*	$40.00 Non-members (guests are welcome!)

Paypal/credit cards and checks are accepted.

Register now using our electronic form (http://tinyurl.com/slamd-electrifying <http://tinyurl.com/slamd-electrifying> )

Registration will remain open until Oct. 19

By the way, do you have an old cell phone, laptop, digital camera or PDA to get rid of? Bring your old smaller electronic devices to this event for recycling!  Proceeds from recycling raises funds for the Shriners Hospitals for Children.

I hope to see you at this electrifying event!

Seán

Seán Henry, PhD, MLS
President-Elect
Maryland Chapter of SLA
http://units.sla.org/chapter/cmd/index.htm <http://units.sla.org/chapter/cmd/index.htm>
Coordinator of Library Instruction/Webmaster
Lewis J. Ort Library, Frostburg State University