From:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:01:35 -0600
Jon,

You may be looking for NFPA 232, the fire code for commercial record centers
or for high pile storage (anything records stacked over 12 ft high). You
local fire department will have a copy of the code!

To the best of my knowledge the only federal legislation directed
specifically at financial institutions is the Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act (GLB)
and you can read the entire text at FTC.gov to see if they have any
requirements that pertain to your situation.

Here is the direct link to the Stanford Law School's Transatlantic
Technology Law Forum web site with the full texts of all regulations I
discussed on my RIM Legislation Summary poster in Las Vegas, as well as a
comprehensive list of other RIM and IT related legislation presented in my
handout. Very worth taking a look at as a long term resource!!

http://www.law.Stanford.edu/program/centers/ttlf/law/us/it/

Good luck. Hope this helps. See you all at the party!!

Janie Wait

Janie Wait, CRM, MBA
President
Director of Marketing