From:
David Read <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:08:22 -0600
All,

Would anyone care to talk on or offline re: how  their administrations plan to respond to new records related 990 requirements in schedule E (schools).?

We are particularly interested in the following questions:

4              Does the organization maintain the following?:

C.            Copies of all catalogues, brochures, announcements, and other written communications to the public dealing
with student admissions, programs, and scholarships?

D.            Copies of all material used by the organization or on its behalf to solicit contributions?

*If you answered "No" to any of the above, please explain. (If you need more space, attach a separate statement.)

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f990se.pdf

I imagine many other decentralized orgs will have to answer "No" to C and D and provide a good explanation of they are planning on getting there--especially in re: to a centralized approach to web content  management as a part an overall RM program.

We would be interested in being part of an informal discussion/information sharing group related to this issue--as we foresee working closely with our admin in the coming months to respond to these new IRS questions.

Thanks.

David

David Read
University Records Manager