From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:39:59 -0700
My questions are:   Why did they not have normal RAID backups,
virtualize the servers; have off-site hot backup capability; and
periodic tape backups.   Those are very normal RIM and I/T techniques.

They are going to lose hundreds of millions of dollars on this; and no
telling how much future potential revenue they might lose from customers
going elsewhere.

Like everything else in RIM and business in general...; pay now or pay
later.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/13/2009 8:57 AM >>>
Ok, I know this is from a BLAWG... and that makes it the opinion of
one
person, but the real meat here is in the comments submitted and the
<snip>