From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:37:42 -0400
A good starting point is to find out the cost per square foot/meter of the
on-site space where the records are be kept, then determine how much floor
space the records cover, and do the math to get costs. You'll need to take
into account how many cubic feet/meters of records fit on a square
foot/meter of floor. Once you can determine on-site cost, you can shop
around and get quotes for off-site costs for the volume to be transferred
and anticipated annual growth.

Stephen Cohen, Records Manager
MetLife \ Legal Affairs
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY  10036-6796
212-578-2373

"Mario Rieger" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Records Management Program" <[log in to unmask]>
10/14/2009 06:14 AM
Please respond to
"Records Management Program" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Comparison of Costs "on-site-storage" versus "off-site-storage"

Dear All,

I'm looking for a cost comparison concerning "on site storage" versus "off
site
storage"!

In my eyes it is cheaper for a company to store files off site - but this
is
unfortunately only an assumption. For the management board of a new
company it is necessary to prove this assumption with papers and reports.

I hope that anyone of you is able to assist me in this task.

Accept my thank for yor assistance.

Kind regards

Mario Rieger
Janssen-Cilag GmbH
Records Manager
Legal Affairs & Business Integrity

Johnson & Johnson Platz 1
41470 Neuss
Tel.: +49 (0) 2137 955 320
FAX: +49 (0) 2137 955 683
eMail: [log in to unmask]

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.