From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:09:05 -0700
The ICRM requires both college education and broad-based professional
RIM experience.   See the ICRM's website at http://www.icrm.org/.

At their discretion, the ICRM can allow extra years of broad-based
professional RIM experience in lieu of a completed bachelor's degree.
The Certifications Standards Committee reviews applicant's submissions,
and may accept two years of additional professional RIM experience as a
substitute for one year of the higher education requirement.

Interesting is that this wikipedia entry contains an article I
researched and wrote back in 2000.  I did not know that wiki existed.

<snip>
History
To understand why the Institute of Certified Records Managers was
established, we must first learn about the early records-related
professional associations. ...
<snip>

The ICRM's 25th anniversary was coming up in 2000, and we celebrated it
in conjunction with the ICRM's annual meeting and reception at the ARMA
annual conference in Las Vegas that year.  I was the ICRM Regent for
Public Relations & Professional Development at that time.  We published
the article in the ICRM newsletter.  Later I developed a .ppt
presentation on the topic and had the honor to make that presentation at
my last ICRM annual meeting as a Board member, which was in 2005 in
Chicago.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/15/2009 9:27 AM >>>
An article in Wikipedia suggests provides an explanation for the origin
of the college requirement eligibility.  See the following reference
under the history section
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Certified_Records_Managers

The college requirement appears to be based on the US civil service
standards in existence at the time the group was organized in the early
1970's.

David Gaynon
Huntington Beach CA

Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance To unsubscribe
from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place
UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.