From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:46:30 -0700
Electronic Records, or E-Health as they are called in Canada, is the very interesting topic.

Here, in Canada, it becomes very popular to speak how much government spends, but somehow forgot about the most important basic issues.

First - Canadian government pays for health care according to the rules the government establishes.

Second - the money overspend because... the rules for payment established by ...
Canadian government:

in doctors' offices there is e Memo: What you should now about your medical coverage:
-the most interesting here is the point that patient can ask only one question during the visit that iscovered by government and the patient has only .... few minutes, more questions - more visits - more payments - "more efficient" the system works.  Clear???

Now more,
every year government establishes the line for the doctor how much doctor can receive for its service  according to the rules established by government.

Every doctors works with its circle of laboratories and colleges.
Every doctor has its own opinion and don't relay on opinion of others( the same way as every auto technician works, or lawyer)
To know the opinion of other doctor is good, but now we have issue with professional and ... corporate ethics and...

More... Do you know that result depends on type of equipment used for testing.
Nobody asks questions why doctor from other country should take courses and pass all exams again, but people surprise why doctor want test to be made again and again for new patient.
E-health does exist,  I know it from my personal experience.
When my doctor retired, I visited during one year Walk-in-clinic, until find "personal" doctor. I was surprised when she looked at the system and read results of my test from previous years.
The point that she translated them in her own way and sent me for tests that after all were not necessary, not so important.
Doctor has its own opinion, friends, family...

Payments for my visits were received from the government by using the same E-health system.

Retention - Retention, another big issue for health records.
All people know that medical records are very important for researches and doctors have access to that overfilled records facilities.
IT 9 or data entry clerks) promises that if the records would be kept electronically it would be easy to find and clean the space ( facility management access to records management issues). That IT personal does not realized that Science needs that piles, IT in this case give answer to facilities custodial service only, but not to the real customer - medical science.

Delete -again delete, and by the way if the documents would be deleted one day early, would Risk Management involved or not, but how much space we will get....