From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:34:39 -0500
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> 1) Learn how your mail reader uses rules.

and if your email client has pop-ups and dinging sounds that notify you of
new mail arrivals learn how you can turn those notifications off.

Remember email is nothing more than a tool. you don't not have to open and
read every email as soon as it comes in this is why there is a subject line,
and why subject lines should be clear. it is why we use conventions like OT
for Off Topic

I have 6 email accounts each is used for a different purpose. The two gmail
accounts are the ones i used the most and in this account I'm using right
now I have over 24 labels associated with various rules. I don't even glance
at the inbox when I open this account I look at the labels and select what I
want to read first

and I forgot my employer also supplies us with an instant message system.
for that I've learned to set my account to "available but check first"
coworkers take that to heart. i can also set it to show that i'm in a
meeting or do not disturb

learn how to use your tools whether powerpoint, email, the telephony or
Vulcan mindmelds

sheesh I need a 3 fingers of 12 yo Caol Ila
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va