From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:21:12 -0800
As I noted late last w
A word of caution first and then a comment...

As I noted late last week, it has been a while since anyone has gotten a cease and desist letter, but when we get into these conversations, they can follow. So please use caution in discussing specific terms and conditions of your contract with any vendor. In most cases, they are considered highly confidential and proprietary.

One thing to keep in mind when asking a new vendor to pick up the hostage fees from your prior vendor... That fee pickup is not an act of charity. A lot of the vendors will consider that compensation in calculating their fees and their own permanent removal charges during or after the term of the contract. Once upon a time, a vendor told me that they imposed hostage fees ("permanent removal fees") based upon the cost of acquistion of the account.
 Patrick Cunningham, CRM, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell