From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:58:25 -0500

><Data breach notification already is federal policy under directives issued
by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)>
>And all but four states have data breach notification laws in force.

Hopefully, this would result in a more consistent application of the
management and notification processes when data is subject to a breach.
California had the first, and continues to have one of the most aggressive
Data Breach laws, one that requires notification of any citizen of the State
if data is compromised, no matter where it occurs.

This list, http://bit.ly/3CvzTc which only goes back to 2005, is continually
updated and never ceases to amaze me.  Some of the breaches are minor in
nature, but if 150 peoples information is compromised and you're one of
them, it's anything but minor to you.

Larry