From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:52:55 -0500
Hi Chris,

Nitza hit the nail on the head - what she describes is a very typical
approach law firms use to manage client files.  The book she recommends is
definitely a "must have" for RIM pros in the legal industry, but I'd also
recommend you consider purchasing the Lawyer's Guide to Records Management
and Retention by John Montana and George Cunningham (ARMA bookstore link:
http://bit.ly/895Uuf).  It is also a little more recent than the other
title.

It approaches the topic from a different perspective (it is intended for a
lawyer audience), however IMO, understanding that perspective will be
critical when you are ready to go sell your ideas/plans to your Board.

Other than those two titles, there really is very little out there in a
complied, formal format, and not much at all that addresses the management
of electronic client files, matter centricity, etc.

If I can be of any additional assistance (assuming I've been of any
assistance up to this point!), please feel free to contact me directly.

Best,
Julie

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM