From:
Rachel Hardiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:34:14 -0000
Hello Jesse,

I've had a very quick-and-dirty trawl through the journals thrown up in the course of our AC+erm Project systematic literature review (where the search terms focused on 'electronic records' and 'electronic records management'), and hope the following is of interest / use. As you can see, archives journals figure prominently; but some of the journals are not those that would spring immediately to mind in the context of RM, and the enormous issue of the electric health record means there is a distinct sub-set of medical informatics / IM journals. The ones I've listed are those for which the searches returned a minimum of 5 articles; the overall distribution had a very long tail which I've ignored here.

If you aren't already come across it, you might like to check out the list of journal details that EBSCO maintain for the journals they hold in their Library, Information Science and technology database, including an indication of peer-review status: http://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/lx-complete.htm. This is pretty comprehensive, though not exhaustive.

JOURNALS from AC+erm SYSTEMATIC LITERATURE REVIEW

** Peer-reviewed journals (with number of articles returned)

Records Management Journal (77)
Health Informatics Journal (50)
Government Information Quarterly (31)
Archivaria (27)
Archives and Museum Informatics (27)
Records Management Quarterly (20)
Archives & Manuscripts (19)
Archival Science (17)
IBM Systems Journal (17)
American Archivist (11)
International Journal of Human Computer Studies (10)
Journal of the Society of Archivists (10)
Electronic Library (9)
Information Society (9)
Journal of Medical Systems (8)
Journal of Management Information Systems (7)
Medical Informatics and The Internet in Medicine (7)
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (6)
Methods of Information in Medicine (6)
Documentaliste (5)
Information Systems Management (5)

** Journals that may or may not be peer-reviewed

Information Management Report (9)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (7)
Profesional de la Informacion (7)
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (6)

** Non-peer-reviewed journals

Information Management Journal (155)
Records Management Bulletin (125)
Information Management and Technology (105)
Managing Information (39)
Nordisk Arkivnyt (15)
International Journal of Medical Informatics (13)
Archifacts (11)
Archives (Quebec) (11)
Archivi & Computer (9)
Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science (8)

Kind Regards,

Rachel.

Rachel Hardiman, BA (Hons), MSc
On behalf of the AC+erm Project Team
School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences
Northumbria University
Room 247
Pandon Building
Camden Street