From:
"Wagstaff, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:12:07 -0700
I have been a "lurking" member of the listserv for about two years and
this is the first time I have ventured online to share anything. I guess
I am suppose to introduce myself first. My name is Ellen Wagstaff. I
started out as the librarian for our company and as various reductions
or mergers took place, I ended up doing the records management stuff
too. I have worked in the corporate library / records management arena
for over 24 years and I really enjoy my work.

I work for a large aerospace company. Because we deal with highly
explosive materials, the plant is located out in the Utah desert about
15 miles from the nearest city. Also, because paper and explosives don't
mix well, we store our records off-site. Our storage vendor is located
in Salt Lake City, about 80 miles from the plant. Our contract with
vendor specifies that they make a once a week trip to the plant to
deliver boxes. The orders come through me and I coordinate where the
boxes are to be delivered and to who. They also pick up any boxes for
return at that point. If a box is needed between the time of the next
delivery, the requester is given the choice of waiting until the next
delivery or picking the box up themselves. If they opt to pick the box
up, I coordinate with our vendor telling them who will be coming and
when. The requester must show company ID at the pickup point or the box
is not released to them. If an emergency arises and we have to have
boxes brought out, there is an agreement in place with the vendor to
make those deliveries. We have only had to have emergency deliveries
made about four times in the 10 or so years we have had the contract in
place.

Ellen Wagstaff
Records Manager
ATK Launch Systems