From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:45:07 -0600
I appreciate the input received by those here on the listserv, and
again....for those who view this one, single issue as among the most
important, I recommend that you provide that input on future surveys or
requests for comment that are provided as a part of ARMA International's
Strategic Planning process.  We do have a process, it works, and it drives
us to move forward with plans and projects that meet the needs as expressed
by our members.  It takes a bit of time for us to gather, process and
incorporate member desires into our plans...but certainly not an inordinate
amount of time.

Let me be quite clear about one other item.... because we have a planning
process that works well, what ARMA does NOT DO is to change our priorities
mid-stream.  We may make changes based on the economic environment, but we
do not simply replace any of the high priorities with something that we see
is passionately desired by either a relatively small number of members or by
an unknown number of members.  That approach would not work in any business
enterprise or in any Association, so that's NOT the approach we take.

While listening to (through my readings) this discussion, I note that the
problems and challenges pointed to by those who have made the effort, by
those who have spent the time in such an endeavor.... have not been dealt
with effectively by anyone.  Those who have pursued this are among our most
respected former Board members and volunteers - those who have donated
thousands of hours to taking on a leadership role within the Association.
That doesn't make them automatically "correct", but it certainly does get my
attention, and lends credibility to their observations.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+
President, ARMA International