From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:35:49 -0500
Hi Dwight,

You are right. Let's look at this simply. How do we learn from each other?
In a variety of ways, including through research and writing. I'm a very
practical person, so when I say 'research' I am referring to something that
can then be used for practical purposes.

We form connections to help us learn and grow. Professional associations,
like ARMA, serve a purpose. But not every association fills every need.
Right now ARMA does not provide a peer-reviewed journal that could satisfy
the needs of some members.

Having ARMA offer this service is one option. But there are others. So,
let's look at all alternatives.  Some of us are doing that.

If you are willing to assist in this effort, that would be terrific! Right
now some of us are monitoring the posts, gathering information from other
sources, and developing a survey to gather even more specific information
that could provide a basis for further action. Luciana and I will keep you
posted.

Pat