From:
"Cheng, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:55:02 -0800
Hi Brad,

You can probably see what your asking about will eventually become a
multi-phased project with many moving parts.

In addition to the knowledgeable input you'll receive from people on
this list, I highly recommend establishing a relationship with the some
of the larger vendors (IBM, Documentum, Opentext, etc) and then
eventually engaging the services of one of their partners to get your
project started.

Assuming you are a larger organization, the right partner can afford the
time and flexibility to really know your organization and if they have
experience with the backend system you choose, they can do much of the
legwork in figuring out the technology for you.

The scanning piece you're mentioning alone can be a fairly complex
effort since the solution complexity will depend on how consistent (or
inconsistent) your content formats are.

To get the ideas flowing, try www.kmworld.com as a start.

Just a start, but I hope it helps.

Jason