From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:56:18 -0500
Records Management Listserv Post:

Laura,

You might wish to talk with Philip Betsch as his company IFSA has
developed an errors and omissions policy to cover vital records. Phil
was previously Director of audit for a large accounting firm and his
firm works with insurance companies that develop special packages.
The trick is that you must determine a value first and then the
insurance follows.

It has been my experience that most are happy with a low valuation
until an actual loss occurs.  Then they see a hole new value for the
records.

Phil's email is:        [log in to unmask]

He owns an offsite storage company that protects media, provides
evaulting and IFSA also has its own accounting firm for very large
Wall Street clients. I have copied Phil on this so he can send you
some information on who he uses. Or you can contact him at the email I
provided

Best of Luck.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults