From:
Erin Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:10:50 -0500
Hello Information Community,

We are extremely pleased to announce the fifth volume of the Faculty of
Information Quarterly and the launch of our second year:

Vol 2, No 1 (2009): Winter 2009 <https://fiq.ischool.utoronto.ca/>

The aim of the journal is to promote conversation within the world of
Information practice and study, including researchers, students and
professionals in the field. What is information, where is, how does it
effect us, what is its potential?

We strongly believe that a forum is needed to explore and share what is
happening in the field, and that such a conversation requires a more of an
open mind than traditional publications allow. Over the past year we have
solidified the journal as a space for for the voices of emerging and
established scholars and practitioners in diverse Information fields. We are
committed to meeting the challenges and redefining many of the traditional
understandings of the study of information.

This current issue of the journal reflects broad interdisciplinary
engagement and fresh critical perspectives that will enrich the conversation
within and beyond the field. The wide range of issues is wide and
compelling.

Call for submissions:

We believe the content of this volume will engage you and trust you will
view F/IQ a place to revisit and contribute to in the months and years
ahead. The editorial team can be contacted at [log in to unmask] We are
currently accepting articles and reviews, as well as thought and opinion
pieces, for our upcoming spring issue. Deadline for submission is January
25. Details can be found on our
website<https://fiq.ischool.utoronto.ca/index.php/fiq/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions>
.

Follow us on twitter at @fiquarterly <http://www.twitter.com/fiquarterly>,
and view our Facebook fan
page<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/The-Faculty-of-Information-Quarterly/271187105940?ref=mf>
.

On behalf of the editing team, welcome to the our fifth issue. Happy
reading!

Erin Kent
Marketing and Communications Officer
The Faculty of Information Quarterly

*In this issue:*

*Editorials:*

Letter from the Editors
    *Corrie Playford, Christina Kim *
Introducing The Information Experience in Context
    *Jenna Hartel *

*Articles:*

Narrating the Collective: Memory, Power, and Archival Space
  *  Bernadette Roca*
The Ethical Integration of Brain Machine Interfaces: Towards the
Cyborganization of the Disabled
    *Stella Palikarova     *

*Review:*

Zotero: Doing (even more of) our jobs for us
    *Alex Garnett  *
Kathleen Keys’ Plazabilities for Art Education: Community as Participant,
Collaborator and Curator : A Critical Review
    *Dana Fragomeni *
Jennifer Wild Czajkowski and Shiralee Hudson Hill’s Transformation and
Interpretation: What is the Museum Educator’s Role? : A Critical Review
    *Dana Fragomeni   *

*Opinion Pieces:*

Early thoughts on the handheld e-book
    *Elisa Sze*
Why Libraries Need Records Management Strategies
    *Karen Tiveron *

*Interviews:*

Collections in Transition: Brock Silversides and the Access Revolution at
Media Commons
    *Tim Neufeldt *

*Special Section - The Information Experience in Context:*

In Search of HOVBY: Informational Markers and Materials at IKEA
    *Jennifer Andreae*
“It will all come out in the wash”: Information behaviour in the laundromat
and the shared communal experience of “place”
    *Kate MacDonald *
Kvetch: Information Sharing in an Online Wedding Forum
    *Monica Rettig  *
The Information Experience of a Printing Company Employee in a Home Office
    *Leslie Thomson *
“Smelly Knowledge”: An Information Audit of the Sunnydale High Library in
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    *Rebecka Shefield    *
“Intentional Distractions” and “Organizational Clutter”: Using Cognitive
Ethnography to Explore the Information Workspace of an Information
Professional with Dyslexia and ADHD
    *Peter Coppin *
Information Overload: Stock Picking at a Small Wealth Management Company
  *  Suzanne LeBlanc*