From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:21:45 -0800
Hi Rob,

It is very interesting for me too what other peoople will say.

Sometimes I think that we want from our vendors too much.
In this situation I think it is your responsibility to keep the track of e-mails sent out.
You give the text of e-mail and listing of addresses. The company that you choose only follows your directions by using its knowledge and devices.

May be I'm wrong, but before e-mail came into effect, the same spam was sent with regular mail, and lot of people made money by sitting home, folding the letters and putting them into the envelopes.
I don't think that these people are required to keep copy of letter at their homes.

The company received contract, made it according to the contract, and went to other contract.
You should receive results of its work: how many e-mails are sent, how many responces received and how they are devided.
After finishing the job, company must return you all data, otherwise the company could use your data for its own purpose- and you are now responcible for "information is collected and used for the purpose ..." - Are you ready for this development?

--Regards,

Alex Babin