From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:37:48 -0500
I worked in a state where the records management people in an effort to
save money decided to send the records to the state prison for
microfilming in the 1980s. Working as the RM in a state agency I refused
to send our records when offered. I could not risk sending DOE and DOD
stuff to the prison along with medical records.

I believe the program lasted almost 24 months before they came to the
kind of records that should not have been sent to the state prison. That
rapidly ended the program. Nothing appeared in the papers about the
fiasco and the rumor was it was some parole record series.

Lets watch what we outsource and to whom.

Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr. CRM, CA, CIPP
University of Illinois Foundation
Urbana IL