From:
Terri Scovill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:51:55 -0400
Kim -

As for our process, I worked with our IT development group to implement our
own system in which the user inputs the information for each of their boxes.
Once, they are ready to send the boxes, they "Submit them for Ship
Approval".  I then review the information they have entered and either
approve or deny them (with comments a to why) for shipment.  To date, this
has been our best option in the 12 years I have been doing this.  I am also
able to track things to ensure that all boxes being entered actually arrive at
my facility for verification, barcoding, and off-site storage.  (Work with 15
facilities throughout the Canada, Mexico, and the US - one of which is next
door to your location in Promontory, Utah).

We then have quality auditors for each of our facilities who are able to
perform audits on all of our systems.  They are able to make sure that people
are entering the data regularly and if they find problems, findings can then be
issued, which can cause problems for our continuing TS16949 quality
certification.  Since that is a neccesary process for us, it helps mandate
things are done correctly.

Hope this helps!
Terri