From:
"Trussler, Karen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 08:25:09 -0400
Hi Dwight
Thank you for providing a method for establishing with the Finance group
what parts of the G/L are needed and can be output to report formats. I
will ask IT to consider how we might retain the General Ledger critical
information/ records by reports. We are just implementing SAP so I am
looking at BPCS and GEAC among other financial systems to determine what
and how to retrieve for permanent retention.

We do keep our financial statements permanently. I don't know how much
of the registers of each sub function of finance need to be kept. For
example, we have not kept the payroll register past 7 years and audit
completed. Can you provide a description to me of how much of the
General Ledger or what parts have to be kept?

Thanks
Karen

Karen Trussler, MA, CRM
Records Retention Manager