From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 03:32:34 -0700
Good Morning Fred,

I agree with you.
Also, regarding retrieval and other things.
Over the time, I noticed that "sometime" people think about work done by others that it would be done the same way as they would do by themselves.
How it is connected to retrieval?
In the beginning, when somebody requested file as soon as possible, and it was emergency retrieval, and not in next 4 hours (!!!), the client was happy that the file is already at the desk for the meeting in next 2-3 days. Somehow they think that it could take to longer.

Regarding scanning on demand - it is not new for me at all.
When my archives started microfilming, it was normal to mkf the files that are on high demand in addition to planning mkf of hall group of records.

When I started to work in "off-site" records centre, we offered clients who needed records ASAP to fax the certain pages immediately, if they don't need originals, and if the amount is not big. In many cases it was accepted with appreciation.

It is not new - the new technology only.
Of course, client could not save fax in 90 th for the long time , made copies from it( green :-) technology), but it was a solution.

Scan on demand it is more like Microfilming on demand, but with new options.

Regards,

Alex Babin