From:
"Devir, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:32:01 -0400
About 10 years ago I was involved in a 50th anniversary celebration, and
the RIM group was a part of the committee planning activities.  There is
actually still a living website link to that celebration, even thought
the site (a former government uranium processing plant) has since been
successfully dismantled and is now a preserve.

http://www.lm.doe.gov/land/sites/oh/fernald_orig/50th/pre.htm

Note on the front page bottom left, there is an image of a collection of
old photographs, "Faces of Yesteryear".  That was the RIM contribution
to the event.  We had some retirees come in and sift through old
photograph negatives, mainly originating from monthly newsletters, and
pick out photos of the facility operations, but mostly, of the employees
and their activities ~ picnics, athletics, group accomplishment photos,
that sort of thing.  Our graphics department created some prints and
then put them on heavy foam board backed with Velcro.  The display was
then easily torn down and redisplayed at many events over time.  It was
a big hit.  The facility was built in 1951, so as mentioned in an
earlier post, we also latched on to the 50's theme with music from the
era and references to 50's culture.  Mixing in 50's clip art tied the
whole presentation together quite nicely.

Don't worry about being upstaged by another organization, such as Public
Affairs, go to them up front and partner with them.  It worked for me.
Good Luck!

Brian R. Devir

Records Management Field Officer

Department of Energy