From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:26:57 -0700
Nick;

Around the globe, microfilm continues to be the preferred preservation
media.
Many US State Archives require permanent records be on some sort of
microform.

Microfiche and microfilm are primarily created today by archive writers (COM
Recorders) and microfiche and microfilm desktop scanners have replaced the
old reader/printers.
The equipment to create microfilm and view microfilm is readily available as
well as the services to convert digital to film and film to digital.

If you need any help with resources please contact me.

Regards;

John

--
John R Glover