From:
"Geurds, Steven T" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:29:23 -0400
Greetings.

The Town of Colonie employs about 500 people with email privileges.  We are exploring email management software/hardware options.  Currently all of our employees are using Outlook.  Retention of email is at the discretion of the employee.

Options that would be desirable include:
Automatically archive all incoming/outgoing email on an email server, even if the employee deletes it on his own PC.
Ability to assign a retention period
Ability to flag email for litigation holds and suspend deletion if it is eligible.
SPAM, Virus & Phishing filters

Just trying to find out what others are using and if they have been happy with their solutions

Thanks

Steve Geurds
Records Management Coordinator
Town of Colonie