From:
Sharon LaPlant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:11:43 -0400
I have been a follower of this list for many years, mostly as an observer
with an occasional post.  I have not posted anything in a long time so
following everyone's lead I will do a quick intro.
I have been in records management for over 20 years starting in Milwaukee
moved to Metro-Detroit in 2001 to work with the auto-industry. I became a
CRM in 2005 and have been on the ICRM Exam Development Committee since
2007.
In spite of Doug Allen's belief, I am at the top of my game for my age.
(Doug we don't have to be specific about the number)

I have been on a project here at work, to implement an email management
tool that includes an e-discovery module.  We have done our research,
looked at several products, were about to send out RFP's when we were
informed there is a possibility we will be converting from Lotus Notes to
Outlook.  This new direction has not stopped the project, it has slowed us
down a bit.
We were advised Microsoft is recommending Proofpoint for email management
and e-discovery and there is concern that something other than this
product will not work well.  Proofpoint was not one of the products that
made our final list.
I have been asked to reach out to the records management community to see
if anyone has implemented an email management tool, other than Proofpoint,
to work with Outlook.  If so, are you willing to share your experience
with us?

As you all are well aware, the opinions that come from this list are
highly regarded.

Thank you,

Sharon LaPlant, CRM
Record Manager
Daimler  Financial Services

Email:       [log in to unmask]

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.