From:
Gordon Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:06:40 -0500
It occurs to me that transplant records are among the many kinds of
medical records that will need long term preservation.  If the records
are digital, policies and procedures are indicated to maintain the
viability of the transplant records.  Even with short-lived or failed
transplants, the records will long be valuable for researchers and analysts.

On a related note, recently I heard of a pharmaceutical firm that
migrates the information on its digital media every five years.  That's
both prudent and expensive!

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
http://PositivelyRIM.blogspot.com