From:
Jennifer O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:12:31 -0400
Miriam,

In addition to the NY State Archives' MU-1 Schedule, check out the
State University of New York (SUNY) Records Retention and Disposition
Schedule which was also developed with assistance and approval from the
NYS Archives. Refer specifically to item 6. (RDA 22240) under the Health
Information section. See
http://www.suny.edu/sunypp/documents.cfm?doc_id=650

It cites 42 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations), Section 486.30 as
justification of the retention period. That section states: "Data
retention. Donor and transplant recipient records must be maintained in
a human readable and reproducible paper or electronic format for 7
years." See
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=8b9fdd653d0f6d4ca48b4e8d055a6b81&rgn=div8&view=text&node=42:5.0.1.1.5.5.13.18&idno=42

Jennifer O'Neill
Scheduling and Records Services Supervisor
New York State Archives
9A34 Cultural Education Center
Albany, NY 12230
(518) 473-2112
Fax: (518) 486-4923

>>> Michael Kraft <[log in to unmask]> 8/4/2010 11:06 AM >>>
If it's any help, the attached link sends you to the New York State
Archive
retention schedule for municipalities, including medical facilities.
In the
Public Health Section, under "Miscellaneous", Section 19 covers organ
procurement and transplant records (approximately page 123 in the PDF
version).

Records Retention and Disposition Schedule MU-1 http://bit.ly/9NXL2R -
More
info: http://bit.ly/9NXL2R+

Regards,
Michael Kraft
(917) 699 5987

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Gianni, Miriam
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> This is my first time posting to the list. I am the records manager
for
> Mount Sinai Medical Center. We are trying to establish records
retention for
> solid organ transplants. We’ve looked in a number of places,
including the
> New York Codes, Rules and Regulations, but have not found anything.
If
> anyone has any advice as to where we could find relevant guidelines
and
> policies regarding transplant records retention requirements, I'd
greatly
> appreciate it.
>
> Miriam
>
> Miriam Gianni
> Records Manager
> Levy Library, Box 1102
> 1 Gustave L. Levy Place
> New York, NY 10029-6574
> (212) 241-2637
> (212) 241-4925 (fax)

> present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body
of the
> message.
> mailto:[log in to unmask]

the message.