From:
"BURRESS, DIANE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:15:21 -0500
knew?", please note that NISO Newsline is distributed via e-mail to
subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month. NISO's free monthly
e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new
specifications and standards of interest including calls for public
review and comment, abstracts significant media stories on topics of
interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO
member organizations.
http://www.niso.org/publications/newsline/publications/newsline/2010/new
slineaug2010.html

The announcement of, and link to, the new ARMA draft standard available
for review were published in the August, 2010, NISO Newsline (reproduced
below):

New Specs & Standards
ARMA International, BSR/ARMA 18-201X, Implications of Web-Based,
Collaborative Technologies in Records Management
ARMA International is seeking public comments on this newly developed
draft American National Standard that provides guidance for records and
information management professionals using internally-facing or
externally-directed (public or private) web-based collaborative
technologies for records management purposes. The draft standard will be
available for download beginning August 6, 2010. Comments should be sent
to [log in to unmask] by September 20, 2010.

When you click on the title of the draft standard you link to the "ARMA
International Documents for Public Review" page. The document is in the
drop-down box.

Diane Burress, M.L.I.S.
Chief Records Officer
Alamo Colleges