From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:11:33 -0500
Hmmmm...... I had a discussion about RIM with a friend who works with a
rather large petroleum company. We do want everyone in an organization buy
into RIM.  His issues:

(1)  He doesn't understand our language - that sounded like our complaint
about IT
(2)  The rules containing the puzzling language are a bit overwhelming in
their number
(3)  His program didn't recognize the need that he had for an "off-line
copy" of vital information related to safety inspections -- He frequently
meets with refinery folks in venues where internet access is NOT a
"given"....so in order to actually do his job, he has to violate the
organization's RIM practices.

Anyway, there were a few "other issues" but... most of those were what I
would refer to as "annoyance factors", and things that he probably
misunderstood about his organization's program.  The language thing...well,
I could identify with that quite easily, and I am certain that it is
something that a good RIM program can find ways to avoid.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+