From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:37:53 -0500
Thanks for posting, Larry.  Given the track record of the FBI on case
management, that doesn't surprise me.  I'm not 100% familiar with the FBI's
specific requirements, but I do have to wonder why it would not be possible
to at least improve the current case management systems in place through the
use of a COTS (commercial off-the-self solution).   I know of at least one
viable, legitimate vendor in the ECM/BPM space that well, sadly has no
"audience" given the preference that most federal agencies have for costly
custom development.

 However, the NARA project certainly does disappoint me....though I'm not
all that familiar with the merits of the project, etc.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+