From:
Jim Connelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:37:27 -0600
I would like to invite list serve members to participate in a survey on
taxonomy design and development.  The link below will lead you to a 10 - 15
minute survey . about 20 or so questions on average.  I am looking for
organizations that have designed, developed and perhaps implemented a
taxonomy or records classification (categorization) system.   (and with the
usual apologies for cross-posting!)

One of the most critical segments of records program design is the effective
development of a corporate taxonomy.   It is of importance to so many
aspects of a program; retention schedule development; ECM - Enterprise
Content Management Systems; Vital records programs; and Freedom of
Information compliance.   And yet many organizations know little about
costs, methods, and success factors associated with taxonomy development.  I
am also curious as to how popular and effective functional designs have
become since the advent of ISO 15489.

I will be happy to post the major results on the list and hope that this
survey will allow me to eventually generate an article with respect to the
findings.  Please note that the results will be anonymized; organizations'
identities are protected.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/22TL85B

Regards
Jim