From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:41:35 -0500
Thanks Alex, Barbara and the anonymous folks who emailed me offlist.  My
interpretation of the comments thus far are that my original impression
stands - there isn't anything overly unique about the corporate records of a
healthcare entity.  Much like a law firm, the business records are
generally standard stuff, while the practice side has many quirks.

Granted, as Barbara pointed out, it all depends on where you want to draw
the line between practice and business.  The practice may indeed drive some
unique-ish types of records on the business side, but still not completely
foreign.  For example, Board of Trustees docs can be found in any non-profit
(not just healthcare), academic docs are found in all entities who provide
education, fleet maintenance records are in any business who maintains
vehicles (be it trucks or helicopters or spaceships), and even occupational
exposure/environmental records aren't necessarily unique, although for my
purposes here I'd put those on the practice side, not the corporate side
unless you're talking about OSHA requirements for workplace safety for the
mechanics who work on your fleet, etc.

Again, thanks for your insights.  As always, they are spot on and much
appreciated!

Julie

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM