From:
Bruce Schinkelwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:59:52 -0500
With sadness I learned early this morning of the passing of Francis (Frank)
X. McGovern on January 31, 2011, after a brief battle with cancer.

He is deeply missed already by those who knew him well, and it is a sad loss
to the worldwide records management community. Frank was a passionate
advocate for electronic records management  and a leader 'on and off the
field.' From his amazing stories of his wedding journey across America to
his sense of what is right and fair to his ability to laugh to his final
stoic calm in the face of an unavoidable end, Frank was a true leader, a
mentor and a friend, something I will always be proud to tell. His motto,
"It is what it is," will be remembered by the many I know who held him close
in their thoughts. I miss him already, and I hope that others will join me
in sending deepest condolences to his wife Karen and his daughters, whom he
spoke of often and with love.

Bruce Schinkelwitz, CRM

February 1, 2011