From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:49:06 -0500
Alice asked:

"What if ALL agencies determined that routine reports were NOT needed?  How
would those in charge have ANY idea as to what was occurring on a daily
basis?  Or make that a monthly basis, if less frequent reporting was needed?

So HOW WILL the Secretary's office know the dealings of their respective
down line groups?"

I think the point is, the reports Clinton wants to do away with are reports
no one uses.

Personally, I think this is great.  Along the lines of what I was getting at
in my last AIIM post.

To quote one of my all-time favorite Demotivational (R) posters: "TRADITION:
Just because you've always done something, doesn't mean it's not incredibly
stupid".  Take stock of what you're doing, and if it's stupid, stop doing
it.  If reports were generated in the past that are no longer useful, then
stop generating the reports.

Maybe Secretary Clinton would like to sit in the seat of a records manager
of a publicly traded, heavily regulated Fortune 100 company for a week and
see how she feels about the record retention and compliance requirements
placed on such entities?  May just be another eye-opening experience that
garners some support on the Hill to streamline regulatory requirements?

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM

http://twitter.com/juliecolgan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliejcolgan