From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:46:22 -0800
Just to clarify a couple of things in Larry's very thorough post...

The "Google Kids" are clueless about records management. And e-discovery. And investigations. And how a real business works. Larry and I both worked the Kids over when they were at ARMA and I have had other opportunities in a corporate setting and they simply don't get it. The applications aren't set up for compliance to records management standards and I doubt that they ever will be. The solution to everything is either "keep it forever" or "set a retention for all of it". They recommend Postini (Google Mail Discovery) as the solution to archive all of your email. (Postini is owned by Google.) I suppose after Google has their Microsoft Moment in court and some of Larry and Sergey's emails bite them in the corporate wallet, they might just start to understand the issue.

RecMan is an independent company that has created an application to try to address the lack of records management and legal support capability in Google Apps. http://recman.net/ They seem to understand the issues and the gap that exists in Google Apps.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell