Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 08:39:27 -0700
Good Morning Everyone:

I am interested in finding out if anyone has the Symantec Enterprise Vault and if they have had any issues with the reports that is generated by the vault.

Here's an example:  I have asked uses to review all of their emails in the vault and either move any emails that constitute a record to their official repository (Documentum or SharePoint) and any and all emails that have no specific business value to delete.

I have the IT Division generate a report each week identifying each user and the total number of items (emails) in their vault.  I then review this report to see how much progress each user has made with respect to cleaning out their vault.  The problem I am having is that the report does not reflect the accurte number of items for each user.  The report in some instances is correct and in most other instances the numbers don't match the actual number of items in the vault. Here is another example, the user has cleaned out their vault and have 200 emails left.  The report is generated the following week, and it reflects 65,000 emails for that user. I have over the last month talked to Symantec about this issue and to date it has not bee resolved.

If anyone has any information or have experienced this type of issue I would like to hear from you, and what was done to correct this problem.

Thanking you in advance,

Joe Vidal, Manager Corporate Records
AEGIS Insurance Services
East Rutherford, NJ 07073