From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2011 20:21:10 -0700
Sharon brought very good point.

In my previous work, when some divisions said that they want to keep certain records longer only in case that somebody will ask for them, I answered that I have no problem if they think that the documents are important and asked them if they are ready to pay the bill for storing the records more than it required by known to me legislation and  they have no historic value.
Very often people asked to show them the "legislation" I used  - it was actually approved in some cases by themselves - and it worked.
Only few additions were brought during those destruction negotiations.

Regards,

Alex Babin