From:
John T Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 23:11:22 -0400
I am about to attend a committee meeting where I will need to review and
debate several 20 page submissions for the committee to deliberate over. I
can just sit in the committee flipping computer screens up and down between
submission pages on my nice new lightweight notebook computer with its tiny
11.6 inch screen or I can print myself a paper notebook of all the
submissions in 8.5x11 inch format for easy markup and later re-scanning to
digital files if needed. What do you think I will do?

Factors in the decision - 1) I can write comments on paper with one hand
while the other one manages a fork, a drink or a cell phone, due to no need
for two handed touch typing, 2) No one will be telling me to shut down my
paper notebook, during takeoffs, landings, or to place it in a separate tray
at the airport, 3) If I spill coffee on the paper notebook, it may be messy,
but I will not risk losing all of last week's correspondence and documents.

John Phillips
Information Technology Decisions