From:
Todd Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:38:40 -0400
Hello everyone,

SharePoint 2010 is going to be deployed in our organization. Period. End of
Story. Whether we use its RIM capabilities or not, its collaboration capabilities
are too big of a driver and are anticipated to help the Company streamline
many business processes.

Now for my question - In your experience, is it a better investment to tweak
SharePoint to handle our wish list (managing all content – physical, electronic
(emails), eDiscovery, etc.) or go with a different vendor (insert any name
here) who may cost more upfront, but in the long run might cost less and
better aligns with our objectives. SharePoint seems like a more cost effective
way to reach our objectives. I guess I’m just worried about scope creep and
ultimately not being able to manage most, if not all of our content through one
platform…Maybe this isn’t possible and I should have opened a window after
painting last night!

Also, is anyone currently managing the majority of their information through
SharePoint (especially physical records and emails)? If so, I would love to hear
your story on or offline.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Todd Johnson, CRM, ERMm
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline